An array of science, technology, math, and engineering resources are available to all of our students. This is part of our growing, hands-on STREAM program, an expanded Catholic schools version of STEM – Science, Technology, Religion, Engineering, Art and Math.
Highlights of our STREAM cross-curricular initiative include:
- Fully-equipped STREAM labs at each campus that include Ozobots, coding tools, LEGO® Mindstorm activities, Tinker CAD, SCRATCH programming and MIT APP Inventor
- Age and grade-appropriate activities that build on each other and begin in PreK
- Engineering and technology resources at our middle school lab, including a vinyl printer/cutter, CNC mill, laser engraver and 3D printer
- Inquiry-based curriculum that focuses on critical thinking, analyses, problem-solving and collaboration
- First LEGO® League teams
- Technology Student Association membership (Grades 7-8)
- Virtual Reality Google Expeditions
STREAM learning continues through the summer at our popular week-long camps on our East and West campuses. Recent sold-out camps focused on First LEGO® League skills development, filmmaking and animation, and art genres.
DMCA’ s STREAM Program also incorporates a partnership with St Francis University Sustainability Laboratory and Library.
LEGO® STEAM Park for Pre-K and Primary Grades uses Duplo® blocks to build a basic understanding of gears, motion and measurement.
LEGO® WeDo 2.0 allows students to make LEGO® items powered by small engines. The engines are then connected by Bluetooth to laptop computers. Students in grades three to five learn coding by using the laptops to control movements, speed, and direction of their LEGO® machines.
LEGO® MINDSTORMS EV3 gives middle school students opportunities to solve real world problems. Using principles of math, physics, and geometry, students build possible solutions, test and correct them, and then share what they find. It’s collaborative learning that is fun and engaging.
The program conducted by Divine Mercy Academy is not affiliated, sponsored, or endorsed by LEGO® Education or The LEGO® Group. LEGO®is a trademark of the LEGO® Group. © 2015 The LEGO® Group.