At Divine Mercy optional school fundraising activities are offered as a way to keep DMCA tuition as low as possible. With all the Christmas shopping happening now, it’s a good time to review our SCRIP Fundraising Program. Below are our re-vamped SCRIP guidelines.
Divine Mercy offers a year-round SCRIP fundraising program, built around the purchase of SCRIP in the form of on-line currency or physical gift cards. SCRIP is used to pay for many things most people already buy – groceries, gas, clothing and more at participating merchants.
Our school earns a percentage on every SCRIP purchase. That money is then credited to each family’s $800 fundraising commitment.
SCRIP is an easy and convenient way for our families to reach their $800 fundraising goal, as SCRIP may be purchased and used not only by our families, but also by grandparents, friends, neighbors, and others to help families meet their $800 fundraising commitment.
Divine Mercy’s SCRIP program is administered by Great Lakes Script at www.ShopWithScrip.com. SCRIP may be used at hundreds of national and regional chains, including Walmart, Target, Macy’s, J.C. Penney, Home Depot, Disney, Panera, Starbucks, Giant Eagle, Amazon and more. The percentage earned varies from 2% to 16%, depending on the retailer. From time to time there are special seasonal promotions. Several local companies also participate in our DMCA SCRIP program.
The www.ShopWithScrip.com website has helpful information and several videos that explain the program in detail. Also, if you have questions, Theresa Facciani in our business office at Bishop McCort is our script coordinator. She can help you get started. You may reach her by phone (814) 536-8991 or by sending a message through the Contact Form on our website.
How to Purchase SCRIP:
Families may purchase SCRIP in the form of reloadable E-cards or as actual plastic gift cards. (Please note that SCRIP must be purchased as described below to earn DMCA fundraising credits. Gift cards purchased directly through retailers are not part of our SCRIP program.)
Our SCRIP program offers convenient reloadable E-cards. That means you can shop from your phone wherever you are. To get started:
- Visit www.ShopWithScript.com/Login/Enroll
- Join the Divine Mercy Catholic Academy program with the Enrollment Code: A2D4E38A55115
- Follow prompts to link your bank account or credit card so you can purchase E-cards and reloads.
- SCRIP E-cards are available immediately.
- Save info to your cell phone like any other app for quick and easy access.
- Credits earned from E-card purchases are applied to a family’s fundraising obligation each month.
Check out these quick videos for more info on how to set up your ShopWithScrip.com account:
Our ShopWithScrip program offers on-line SCRIP from 750 national and regional retailers, including Giant Eagle and Sheetz. Click here for the full online list. SCRIP cards for local businesses are also available thru DMCA campus offices as well as St. Benedict, St. Clement and Our Mother of Sorrows parishes.
There are three ways to purchase physical SCRIP Gift Cards:
1. Purchase SCRIP Gift Cards at DMCA East and West Campus school offices:
- Drop off your completed scrip order form with your cash or check payment.
Click here to download and print DMCA’s East Campus SCRIP Card Order Form. If you pay by check at East campus, please make checks payable to St. Benedict parish. East campus orders will typically be ready within two school days. SCRIP Cards may then be picked up or sent home with your student.
Click here to download and print DMCA’s West Campus SCRIP Card Order Form. If you pay by check at West campus, please make checks payable to St. Clement parish. West campus orders submitted by Monday of each week will typically be ready the following Thursday. SCRIP Cards may then be picked up or sent home with your student.
- SCRIP is not yet available at the Bishop McCort office for our Middle School Grade 7 or 8 students.
- Credits earned from SCRIP Card purchases at DMCA offices are applied to a family’s fundraising obligation quarterly. In some instances, it may take longer.
2. Purchase SCRIP Gift Cards at St. Benedict, St. Clement and Our Mother of Sorrows parish offices or after weekend Masses:
- Cards may be purchased with cash or check only and are available immediately.
- You do not have to be a member of these parishes to purchase SCRIP Cards.
- You do have to designate DMCA and the name of the student at the time you purchase the cards.
- Credits earned from physical SCRIP Card purchases at the three churches are applied to a family’s fundraising obligation quarterly. In some instances, it may take longer.
3. Purchase SCRIP Gift Cards on-line at www.ShopWithScrip.com. Follow these steps:
- ‘Join a Program’ – Divine Mercy Catholic Academy
- Enter DMCA enrollment code: A2D4E38A55115
- Follow the prompts to set up your account.
- On-Line purchases of physical SCRIP Cards may be paid for via debit or credit cards. However, please note that physical cards purchased through ShopWithScrip.com will incur additional fees.
- Cards are typically delivered to your child’s campus within a few days and may then be picked-up or sent home with your student.
- Credits earned from the purchase of physical gift cards via com are applied to a family’s fundraising obligation monthly.